Friday, March 20, 2015

Don't Let it Go to Your Head

I've seen a lot of second rate artists offering free line-art directly on Howrse now.

Don't get me wrong, this is a generous thing to do and a lot of the art isn't half bad (it isn't great either) but that's not what gets me. What I dislike is how high-and-mighty and nitpicky these people are right off the bat.

I offer stock photos myself. I get it.

If you've got a list of a dozen things people are not allowed to do you're probably not going to like seeing what people create with your lines. Serious stock providers and artists offering line-art do not get into it to sit there and micromanage each and every piece resulting from their original work. You're going to give yourself an aneurysm doing that. Knock it off.

Also, pro tip. Your art isn't that great anyway. Why do you think people are so quick to edit it? Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated. Thanks for stopping by!